Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Week 2 Project Proposal

Working Critique
Visual guide to metro performers
Sha Huang

Living in New York everyday, we get used to street and metro station performers. These performers have excellent skills in various field, music, dance, imitation. What I am more interested in is music. I am going to spend days to watch these metro station performances and record them.
New York influence almost every modern music performer. “If one music style could survive in New York, this music style could survive in the world.” I read this from a Taiwan musician.
Simply I like listen to all kinds of music, as moved to New York, there are a lot of things I have never seen before. With this project I hope to sharpen my skill at video editing and see how far can cellphone video goes.
There are tons of article about street and metro performance. Open Youtube, there are thousands of video about these performance too. What I am going to do shot is a clip of collection of them. This is not new, but just as a personal goal, push my skill to next level.
I will go out and looking for these metro station performer randomly, record their performance and edit what I shot. This will give my audience a visual concept about how are street performance looks like.

My cellphone and PC will be my best partner during this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment